Los Angeles police department have yet to make an official arrest in connection with the destruction of Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame early Wednesday, L.A. resident James Otis is more than happy to claim responsibility.
Otiz, an activist released a video to TMZ explaining the reasons behind his actions and said he’d love to face Trump in court. He said:
“The point of the exercise was to take the star and auction it off and take that money and distribute it to the women who have been sexually assaulted by Donald Trump.”
But the things didn’t exactly go as he planned since the marble was difficult to crack.
“I didn’t get the actual star, but I got the emblem and the entire name,” he said. “I just had a sledgehammer and a pick…I really wanted to do this,” Otis said.
Leron Gubler, president and CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, said they are cooperating with police and intend to prosecute whoever is responsible “to the full extent of the law.” Gubler also said the star would be repaired as quickly as possible.
I have an attorney and I’m sure I will turn myself in shortly,” he said.
The activist also said he had been arrested ’24, 25 times’ and that he would love to going to court with Trump, saying it would be an ‘honor.’
I’m not frightened of him a bit,’ he said. ‘He’s just a bully… hopefully he will take more concern over the women he’s been predatory towards.’
The making of the star costs $30,000, said by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which makes this act of vandalism as a felony.